Giving | The Dover Church
“It is more blessed to give than receive.” Not our words, but those of the Apostle Paul (Acts 20: 35).
In living the Christian life, we have found great blessings showered upon us in our life together as the Church. Moved to gratitude because of this overflowing abundance of love, we give back. As a Congregational Church within the United Church of Christ, The Dover Church is fully self-supporting.
Our members contribute to all of our ministries and missions, whether it is the ministry of Presence (maintaining our lovely traditional Meetinghouse and adjoining buildings), or the ministry of Teaching (providing Sunday School and Youth Ministry for our Children), or the ministry of Service (hosting homeless families in our Kraft Hall). Our members give generously and ungrudgingly to support all of the work to which we feel called as Christ’s disciples.
We build our annual budget on the money pledged by our members and friends each year. Stewardship is the time of year when we raise funds, through pledges, to do the good work of The Dover Church for the next year. Our pledge to the Church is an investment in our faith and an outreach to the community.
To make your life easier, we are bringing electronic pledging and payment to your 2018 pledge! Please use the form below to submit your pledge for our 2018 Pledge Campaign.
Complete a Pledge Form
Click the button below to electronically submit a pledge card to the church office.
After submitting your pledge, you may prepay your pledge or set up recurring pledge payments online. Click the Donate button below to make your one-time or recurring pledge payments.
We thank you for your continued support of The Dover Church.
We are grateful for every donation given to the church as this allows us to continue our work in the community. One time donations may be made to the Church's general fund, or designated for a specific program or mission.
In addition to an annual pledge in support of the year-round ministries of The Dover Church, there are many opportunities to share your gifts for specific programs or benevolences of the church.
Some possible donations include:
- Pastor's Discretionary Fund – for use by our pastor to help those in our community in need.
- Memorial Gift -- for contributions in memory of someone -- please indicate the person being honored in the memo field.
- Building Use – for a building preservation project (please use the memo field for details).
- Bill Gow Youth Fund - for use by our Christian Education and Youth Groups.
- Special Offering – for offerings such as Christmas Eve, One Great Hour of Sharing, Villa Clinic, Haiti, Family Promise, etc. Please be sure to include the specific offering in the memo field.
- Flower Fund -- for Christmas poinsettias or Easter lilies -- please indicate the person(s) being honored in the memo field.
- Other Unrestricted Gift – for any other unrestricted contribution.
- Capital Campaign -- for contributions toward a Capital Campaign pledge.
- Restricted Gift – for any restricted contribution. Please include the restriction in the memo field.
- Other – for anything else -- please use the memo field to note the purpose.
Please use the Donate button below to make a donation. Please specify the area of donation.
Create a legacy that will help provide for the Dover Church in the future. A planned gift is a contribution that is arranged in the present and allocated at a future date, usually through a will or trust. Please let us know if you have remembered The Dover Church in your future plans. Please contact our assistant treasurer to discuss the details.
We know how daunting it can be to come to a new church for the first time. All of us had a first time and we’re glad we dared. We hope you’ll be glad too. Here’s some of what you might like to know before walking up the front stairs.